- 1 pkg strawberry cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix cake mix, vegetable oil, chopped fresh strawberries, & eggs.
- Scoop dough onto a baking sheet lined with a parchment paper. I used a small ice cream scoop about 1 inch in diameter. Make sure to leave about 1 1/2-2 inches space in between cookies.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
- While cookies are baking, make the glaze.
- In a bowl, mix the powdered sugar & 2 tablespoons of water. Stir well. add more water if needed until the consistency is threadlike but not runny. Stir again before glazing the cookies.
- When cookies are baked, take them out of the oven and let them sit on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes to set.
- Using a spatula, transfer cookies onto a wire rack lined underneath with a wax paper.
- Using a fork, drizzle glaze on the cookies while they are still warm.
- Let them sit until the glaze hardened.
- For a quicker way to set the glaze, transfer cookies on another baking sheet and freeze for 10 minutes. Serve the cookies right away after flash freezing or place in an airtight container or ziplock to freeze for future enjoyment.