I am one for easy-but-tasty cookies. I came across this recipe one day and I love how it is so easy to make and only requires a few ingredients.
All you have to do is mix the vegetable oil, eggs, lemon juice and cake mix. Bake for 12 minutes. Then drizzle with some glaze.
Anyway, that was a shortcut version of this recipe but really it can’t be easier than that.
Let cookies sit until glaze has set.
Tip: After drizzling the glaze, transfer the cookies on another baking sheet freeze for at least 10 minutes to set the glaze quicker.
Oh yes, try my Strawberry Cookies too. Click here for recipe.
Lemon Cookies Recipe
- 1 pkg lemon cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix cake mix, vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, & eggs.
- Scoop dough onto a baking sheet lined with a parchment paper. I used a small ice cream scoop about 1 inch in diameter. Make sure to leave about 1 1/2-2 inches space in between cookies.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
- While cookies are baking, make the glaze.
- In a bowl, mix the powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice and the lemon zest. Stir well. add more lemon juice if needed until the consistency is threadlike but not runny. Stir again before glazing the cookies.
- When cookies are baked, take them out of the oven and let them sit on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes to set.
- Using a spatula, transfer cookies onto a wire rack lined underneath with a wax paper.
- Using a fork, drizzle glaze on the cookies while they are still warm.
- Let them sit until the glaze hardened.
- For a quicker way to set the glaze, transfer cookies on another baking sheet and freeze for 10 minutes. Serve the cookies right away after flash freezing or place in an airtight container or ziplock to freeze for future enjoyment.
- Acknowledgment: Recipe adapted from Duncan Hines Lemon Cake Mix Cookies www.duncanhines.com