A fruit salad like no other. A mix of fruits, coconut and cheese make this fruit salad a truly mouth-watering dessert.
If using coconut strings in a jar just like the picture below, I recommend draining the liquid off the bottle and rinsing the coconut strings quickly with water in a strainer. I find the strings to be too sugary-sweet when not rinsed.You can find this coconut string in a jar in most asian stores. Some specialty food stores carry frozen coconut strings. If you can’t find this, you can totally omit this from the recipe and just add more fruits.
Cut cheddar cheese into 1/2 inch cubes. You will need about half a cup of this.You can use any hard cheese but I prefer a mild cheddar cheese to counter the sweetness but not too strong of a flavor to overpower the other ingredients.
Filipino Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1 – 16 oz can fruit cocktail
- 1- 7 oz can Nestle cream
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/2 cup cheese (cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
- 1- 12 oz jar coconut strings
- Pour coconut strings in a strainer and rinse quickly with water. Add in the fruit cocktail and strain both until all the liquid is gone.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients – fruit cocktail, coconut, cheese, condensed milk.
- Cover with lid and chill for at least an hour before serving.
- You may add more pineapple tidbits.
- For a thicker sauce, add 1/2 cup of cream cheese.
Just Cook Happy http://www.justcookhappy.com/